News & Events
Arcadia Public Works Authority
Accepting Applications for a UTILITY MAINTENANCE OPERATOR
Town of Arcadia, Town Hall, 217 N. Main Street, P.O. Box 268 405-396-2899
- Education is equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- Oklahoma Plumber’s License
- Valid Oklahoma commercial driver’s license
- C or above water wastewater operator and laboratory license/certificate issued by the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
- 3 or more years experience operating and maintenance of a backhoe, trucks with air brakes, brush-hog, and operation and maintenance of various electrical and mechanical equipment for water/ waste/water treatment facilities.
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plants operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Thoroughly understand and know the workings of pumps, valves, and backflow devices
- Able to perform heavy manual labor; perform semi-skilled maintenance duties and routine groundwater treatment procedures.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions; read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Be able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Operation/maintenance of the water system pump house and the wastewater lift station.
- Maintain, clean & monitor pump/lift station-related equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain water/sewer meters, and service lines; read meters, turn services off/on
- Make minor adjustments to service equipment, and maintain tools and equipment in working order. Maintain logs of daily activities.
- Inspect residential and commercial service issues. Inspect new construction and perform field duties related to the water/wastewater system.
- Lay and fit pipelines; make water line taps; install water services, fire hydrants, valves, and other water/sewer devices. Perform emergency repairs to water/sewer lines as necessary; establish proper traffic control devices.
- Excavate trenches and install shoring. Identify service and main leaks; operate pipe locators; install and inspect backflow devices.
- Read and update water distribution maps and as-built plans and blueprints.
- Develop inspection schedule, inspect and record accordingly and perform all preventive maintenance on all applicable water/wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal systems.
- Deliver and pick up poly carts as required.
- On-call for emergency water/wastewater-related issues including weekends and holidays.